Benefits for volunteers
York Region Food for Learning volunteers experience many benefits:
- An opportunity to contribute to students’ learning and well-being
- An opportunity to become involved in your school community
- PROTON (food handler certification course) training on the basic concepts of food safety. This certification is valid for five years and is recognized throughout Ontario. This training will provide you with the knowledge and skills to help prevent food-borne illness. The course can be completed through a one-day workshop or through self-study
- A chance to work with other great volunteers and expand your networks
- An opportunity to learn about nutrition and meal planning
- An invitation to the annual York Region Food for Learning Recognition Event, held each spring.